Terms & Conditions
All goods purchased from The Lighting Guild (the Guild) are sold subject to the following terms and conditions and comprise the whole contract between the Guild and the buyer (the customer). These terms and conditions may change with or without notice and are effective immediately upon being posted. These terms and conditions prevail to the exclusion of all terms and conditions whether express or implied except those terms and conditions implied by law.
The Lighting Guild offer www.thelightingguild.org (the website) to you under the following conditions. By visiting and/or using the website in any way, such as browsing products, you agree to these conditions. All content on the website, including text, icons, graphics, logos, images and software is the property of The Lighting Guild and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. We take great pride in the quality of our products, and it is very important to us that our customers are satisfi ed with their purchase. We reserve the right to cancel products or services to any customer for any reason at any time. The customer’s sole remedy in such cases will be the full refund of any funds that we have collected in regard to the cancelled products and/or services.
All warranty claims are subject to the Guild’s review and acceptance. Standard warranty period is 1 year from date of purchase.
The Guild warrants that it uses reasonable care and skill to ensure that its products are of reasonable quality. The Lighting Guild will at its cost and in its sole discretion:
- remedy any defect or fault in any product purchased; or
• repair or replace any product in respect of which there is a defect or fault, during the warranty period, provided that written notice is given by the Purchaser to The Lighting Guild of any such defect or fault in the product as soon as the Purchaser becomes aware of that fault or defect.
• reimburse the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods as required; or
In no event will The Lighting Guild be liable to the Purchaser for any damages, including lost profi ts, lost savings or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product or any claim by any other party. All claims are limited to the repair or the replacement of the products only and do not include any labour or transportation charges. The entire risk as to the use and performance of the product is assumed by the Purchaser.
All warranty claims must be returned to The Lighting Guild for assessment with a receipt or other proof of payment.
The Lighting Guild has no liability to remedy any defect in a product or replace a product where the defect or fault is caused or contributed to by:
- the failure of the Purchaser to install the product according to specifi c installation instructions either supplied within each product box or carton or
available on the The Lighting Guild website or through the wholesaler or The Lighting Guild representative; or
• use of the product in a manner or for a purpose for which it was not designed.
All site application or installation must refl ect these procedures otherwise the product warranty will be considered void or will not take effect.
All installations shall be performed in accordance with the local, state and country electrical code where applicable. Appropriate regulatory authorities should be consulted where required.
All electrical items must be properly grounded and all installations should be performed by a suitably qualifi ed professional and or a duly licensed contractor carrying proper liability insurance.
All installation matters and failures related to installation matters will be the installer’s responsibility and will remain so throughout the life of the product.
No warranty is given in respect of any glass contained in any product.
Lamp wattage and matching replacement parts must be respected throughout the product life. There is no warranty offered on lamps other than the lamp manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
The Lighting Guild accepts no responsibility for damage to any ancillary equipment or inconvenience caused by the failure of our products.
Goods delivered to clients within the Guild’s nominated delivery area for the Sydney metropolitan area will incur a freight charge. Delivery outside this area will incur an additional freight charge at the discretion of and as nominated by the Guild.
A freight surcharge applies at the discretion of the Guild to small orders (any order of less than $100.00 or such other amount as the Guild may nominate from time to time). A surcharge may also apply for long orders (any order longer than 4m or such other length as the Guild may nominate from time to time).
The Lighting Guild is not responsible for loss of or damage to goods in transit except when the goods are carried in the Guild’s own vehicles or by contractors retained by the Guild to deliver such goods. In the event that goods are damaged or only part delivered the Guild must be notified immediately with a description of the nature and extent of any damage. Any goods must be returned in accordance with the Return of Goods clause below. A copy of the freight note relating to the damaged goods must be forwarded to the Guild identifying the damaged goods which will be matched with a copy of the freight note obtained from the transport company.
The receiver of the goods has 7 days from receipt of delivery to notify the Guild of any discrepancies relating to the order.
Goods may only be returned as follows:
– If the goods are being returned for credit due to either over-ordering or incorrect ordering the goods will be returnable only at the discretion of the Guild, at the customer’s cost and provided that the goods are returned within 14 days of the delivery date. A minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the goods will apply to such goods should they be accepted by the Guild. Receipt of any goods returned without the consent of the Guild does not constitute acceptance of those goods by the Guild.
– If the goods are being returned as a result of any error by the Guild or any defect in the goods or as a result of damage during transit for which the Guild accepts responsibility pursuant to clause 4 then subject to any law the goods must be returned within 14 days of the delivery date and with prior notifi cation in writing to the Guild of the reason for the return of the goods. The consignment note number and the invoice number of the goods must be supplied to the Guild at the time of notifi cation. Goods returned after 14 days from the delivery date may only be returned with the consent of the Guild. Receipt of any goods returned without the consent of the Guild does not constitute acceptance of those goods by the Guild or the acceptance of any error by the Guild or defect in the goods.
The customer must return goods by transport of their choice and at their cost unless otherwise agreed by the Guild.
Credit will only be given for goods returned if the goods are received by the Guild in the same condition as at the time of despatch. Assessment of the condition of the goods is strictly at the Guild’s discretion.
If an order has been cancelled after a deposit has been paid, you are liable for the full payment for the order for any custom made, bespoke, made to order or nonstandard light fittings. The balance of payment must be received within 2 weeks from the date of cancellation.
The Agreement between the customer and the Guild may be terminated by the Guild at any time.
If any part of this Agreement is or becomes void or invalid that part must be severed and the Agreement will continue in force and be interpreted as if it did not include that part.
You must comply with all proprietary and copyright notices on the website. The website is owned by The Lighting Guild and its Associates, and subject to copyright. The information on this Site is protected under Australian and International copyright laws. Subject to provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Australia), you must not in any form or by any means:
• copy, adapt, reproduce, broadcast, store, transmit, distribute, print, publish or create derivative works from any information or material on the website;
• alter, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any material or information that you receive from the website which can be accessed
through the website; or
• use or apply, for commercial purposes any material or information on the website, without the prior written consent of The Lighting Guild.
All trademarks, brands and names appearing on the website are the property of their respective private owners.
Although all care is taken to avoid errors, we are real people, and from time to time there may be information on our website or product documentation that contains errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
No fitting is a perfect cube, so all of the dimensions and measurements on the website or product documentation are best approximations.
Agreement that The Lighting Guild may seek consumer credit information (Section 18K(1)(b), Privacy Act 1988)
If The Lighting Guild considers it relevant to assessing a customer application for commercial credit, The customer agrees to The Lighting Guild obtaining from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the customer in relation to commercial credit provided by The Lighting Guild.
Exchanging Information with other credit providers (Section 18N(1)(b), Privacy Act 1988)
The customer agrees to The Lighting Guild obtaining personal information about me/us from other credit providers, whose names I/we may have provided for The Lighting Guild or that may be named in a credit report, for the purpose of assessing the customers application for commercial credit made to The Lighting Guild.